Monday 12 October 2015

#423 You can't change the desert....


....you can only take the fastest course through it.  Wishing it's an oasis won't make it so.  - Nefertiti, Michelle Moran 

SlackGirl at Fashion Limited for Catwa Mesh head


I have been slow to jump on the mesh head bandwagon.  I was maybe even more slow with the mesh body - but I eventually jumped on board, grumbling all the way about how blogging was hard enough and expensive enough without adding another component, blah blah blah.  However, within a very short time of finally jumping, I got to where I am now, where the concept of doing anything without wearing one of my mesh bodies is unthinkable.    

So I approached mesh heads in much the same way, the first few that came out I had no temptation to try, I demo'd a few heads and none of them felt right to me.  Then Catwa came out with their first mesh head, Jessica, and after a demo, I took the plunge - even though I didn't love it right away, I felt this was the head that I could make work for me.

SlackGirl at Fashion Limited for Catwa Mesh head

played around with it, not impressed, it has to be said, but I decided to put it away and try again next day.  I did, but again, not terribly successfully.  Next day I received an IM from SlackGirl asking if I wanted to blog her eye-shadows which are on sale at this month's Fashion Limited.  She told me they come in classic avatar too and I thought I would probably use those, not the Catwa applier - but I like a challenge and sat down to make these appliers work for me. 

It really didn't take long before I realised I had done it and it didn't look half bad.  I will admit, though I love the look, thanks to the amazing eyeshadows, I don't feel like "me", so I have a lot more playing with Jessica to do before I feel "me" wearing it.    

I absolutely love these eye-shadows though, they have a real Egyptian Queen kinda vibe, very dramatic, no wilting flower Zsa here.   Only 25 copies of this eye-shadow set (the 8 colours I show above) are available and are exclusive to Fashion Limited.  You get the applier plus the tattoo system layers in case you are still on the mesh head fence.  They come with some great hints from SlackGirl so you never know, she might just tip you over the edge like she did me, thankfully!


Credits:

Body
Maitreya Lara Mesh Body
Catwa Jessica Mesh Head
 WoW Skins  V2 Nour Tan
Catwa Anna Hair
IKON Sovereign Eyes

Cosmetics
SlackGirl Prue Eyeshadow - available at Fashion Limited
 Encore Maitreya Nail Appliers Set 23

Accessories
 Maxi Gossamer Bridget's Faith Heart earrings

Poses
 KoKoLoReS Poses - Portrait Me
 KaTink Backdrop

Info
There are often more photos of blogged items on my flickr account here.
SLURLs are current at time of posting.  If you need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).

No comments:

Post a Comment