Thursday 21 April 2016

#482 If music be the food of love

....play on - William Shakespeare

Post #482

As it is coming up to the 400th anniversary of the Bard's death I thought I would share one of his quotes.  I doubt anyone in SL knows that I am a huge lover of Shakespeare.  Along I guess with the majority of school kids. I loathed him at school, where we were forced to study "the Scottish play", which made no sense whatsoever to me.  Years later, as a mature student of English Literature, I was forced into studying Shakespeare again, very unwillingly.  However a trip to Stratford upon Avon to see the Royal Shakespeare Company perform Othello changed all that.  It was spellbinding, electric, and ever since that moment have been a huge appreciator of all things Shakespeare.

Post #482

I always get a kick out of a blog post that builds from one item and takes me in a direction I hadn't thought of till I look at it and put my little imagination cap on.  In this instance the starting point was this dress from a new-to-me designer, VIP Creations.  It fits like a glove and gives ZZ curves fitting of a forties torch singer, so that is what she became for this shoot (though I think she forgot the torch part and rocked it up a bit).  A quick search in her mammoth inventory brought up this great pose set from Nantra which includes 6 poses and 6 coordinating microphone props.

The dress comes with a texture change hud and also white pumps which I am not wearing here, opting for a classic pump from KC Couture instead.  A quick mention about the hair I have worn in this and my last post - both are by No Match for Hairology, and come with hairbase appliers which are absolutely fabulous!  EMO-tions have also included a hairbase applier, and I hope more hair sellers do this as it really makes wearing hair with a mesh head much easier.

Post #482


Credits:

Mesh body: Maitreya Lara
Mesh Head:  Catwa Jessica
Applier:  WoW Skins Angelica Bronze
Hair: No Match No Loss - available at Hairology
Hair Base:  No Match for Catwa Jessica - comes with the pack above
Eyes:  Ikon Promise
Manicure & Pedicure: Wicked Peach - Retro Chic Pastels
Dress: Vips Creations Sofia Pencil Corset Dress polka dots
Shoes:  KC Couture Vixie Heels
Jewellery:  Indulge Temptation Nomad Princess necklace, earrings & bracelets
Poses:  Nantra - Songbird

Tools I use in most blog posts
SecondSnaps Photo studio

Info
If an item is for sale at an event, I give the slurl to that event, however in case this blog post is read after the event has finished, I also include the slurl to the mainstore.  

SLURLs are current at time of posting.  If you need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).

I wear a mesh body, head, hands & feet in all posts. Most items I blog fit various mesh body parts, and often classic avatar standing sizing and/or fitmesh. Please make sure to demo anything you see here that you are thinking of buying to be sure it works for you.




No comments:

Post a Comment