Sunday 30 August 2015

#407 Season of Mists and Mellow Fruitfulness

-Post #407

Why am I quoting Keats?  Well, Autumn is on its way, and the last few days I have felt a little quiet, reflective and somewhat withdrawn.  It has been over 6 months now since my mum passed away, and I can still hardly believe it.  She is never far from my mind but sometimes it hits me harder, and when it does I hide away (in my burrow, says the only rl friend who knows of this blog).

 Snowpaws has never been a store I frequent often, for no particular reason I can think of, but when I saw an advert for this outfit (top and skrit are bought together) on sale at Designer Showcase, it looked just right for my mood.  So off I went to pick it up and it really is a delight to wear, very soft and gentle and muted, wearing it feels a bit like being enclosed by a soft very pretty cloud.  The tulle is beautifully done, and I managed to fit it to my Maitreya Lara mesh body with not too much tweaking.  To match the whole soft mood I even wanted to mute my hair, so no red today, just a pretty light blonde.  

On a lighter note, one of my favourite people in sl tp'd me this afternoon after I was putting the finishing touch to this outfit and the first words out of her mouth when I had rezzed were "you are blonde!", which shows how rarely I do it.  The first words out of my mouth when she rezzed were "boobies!".  She always insists she is fully clothed, but rarely is - I shouldn't be surprised, Tomm''s affectionate nickname for her is "Flash" :).

Post #407

My jewelry is from a "new to me" store, Meva, who I only discovered at My Attic last month, and I blogged their jewelry set here.  I wandered down to their mainstore and found a treasure trove of goodies - I picked up the group gift and a few other things and I am sure they will all appear on this blog in the near future. Both the necklace and bangle I am wearing come with huge texture change huds which is always a massive plus for me. 


Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
To bend with apples the moss’d cottage-trees,
And fill all fruit with ripeness to the core;
To swell the gourd, and plump the hazel shells
With a sweet kernel; to set budding more,
And still more, later flowers for the bees,
Until they think warm days will never cease,
For Summer has o’er-brimm’d their clammy cells.


John Keats, from Ode to Autumn, 1820


Credits:

Body
Mesh Body:  Maitreya Lara (including hands & feet)
Skin:   WoW Skins  V2 Nour Tan 01
Hair:  Elikatira   Lena - Blondes
Eyes:  IKON  
Cosmetics
Eyelashes:  Mon Cheri Falsies
Manicure & Pedicure:  Hello Dave - My Nude Gloss (using Omega relay hud)

Clothing
Skirt: Snowpaws Louise Tulle Skirt - available at Designer Showcase
Top: Snowpaws Louise Tulle Top - Pale Mint - Designer Showcase

Accessories
Necklace:  Meva Safari Necklace
Bracelet/Bangle:  Meva Asia Bangle

Poses
Poses:  Picture This - Maxi Dress (I cant find an inworld store so this is the mp store)
Backdrop:  KaTink 




Info
There are often more photos of blogged items on my flickr account here.
SLURLs are current at time of posting.  If you need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).

No comments:

Post a Comment