Thursday 1 September 2016

#527 The $100L Challenge

And now for something completely different!  One of the YouTube channels I love to watch is Alicia Chenaux's, and in her latest vlog she issues a challenge to put together an outfit, including clothing, hair, accessory and shoes, for just 100L!  If you haven't already seen it, watch Alicia's video here - and give the challenge a go yourself!  If you do, please share your link in my comments so I don't miss it.

Post #527 - $100L Challenge

I love this kind of challenge but I couldn't go to two of the places I would have normally headed for right away - Hilly Haalan and Pure Poison, as Alicia used them in her video, so I wanted to find somewhere different.
  
After a while searching mp with no luck, I suddenly remembered a store I loved in my pre-mesh days and I was happy to see Sharodie still does gorgeous flexi gowns but now with omega appliers - and she also does mesh dresses.   To say her items are reasonably priced is an understatement and a half - and that is why I am giving you 2 mesh dresses with texture change huds, plus bracelet, hair and 2 pairs of shoes for the grand sum of $99L!

The two dresses I am showing cost 35L each and come with texture change huds but other items from Sharodie usually cost around the 25L mark but are often less. 

Post #527 - $100L Challenge

I went to the SL Frees & Offers group for both my hair and shoes, and already knew where to find the goodies.  My hair is the current gift for SL Frees & Offers group members from Alice Project - you get the hair plus a basics hud with a variety of naturals and colours.  Both pairs of shoes are from Livalle, again for SL Frees & Offers members.  My accessory is a bracelet from Golden Fleece who used to have a store inworld but I was thrilled to find them on mp, and this texture change bracelet costs just 29L. 

On a final note, the sofa, tables and pots I am showing are part of the Mauricette set by Serenity Style for SaNaRae.

If you are not already a member of SL Frees & Offers, click here to bring up the inworld group.

Credits:

Mesh body (including hands and feet): Maitreya Lara
Shape:  based on  Strawberry Singh Zara but tweaked 
Mesh Head:  Catwa Jessica   
Applier:  Glam Affair - Calliope
Hair: Alice Project Namie Basics - SLF&O free gift
Eyes:  Avi-Glam Eyes 
Manicure & Pedicure:  Alaskametro "Cosmic" nail art 
Bracelet/Bangle:  Golden Fleece Alisa on marketplace here 29L

1st Pic
Maxi:  Sharodie's Strappy Fitmesh Gown Summer Florals mp here 35L
Shoes:  Livalle Wednesday Platform Mary Janes, mint - SLF&O free gift

2nd Pic
Dress:  Sharodie's Bette dress Floral mp here 35L
Shoes:  Livalle Rhiannon Platform Heels Lavender - SLF&O free gift

Poses:  Nantra - Effortless
Decor: Serenity Style Mauricette set - available at SaNaRae

Tools I use in most blog posts
SecondSnaps Photo Studio
Fate Eye Poser (before this I used Anypose Expression Hud)
Pose Anywhere Pose Huds
Lumipro Lighting System
Combo Fix to fix broken ankles, wrists, neck etc

Bits n Pieces
If an item is for sale at an event, I give the slurl to that event.  However in case this blog post is read after the event has finished, I also include the slurl to the mainstore.  

All Slurls are current at time of posting.  If you are unable to find an item, or need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).

I wear a mesh body, head, hands & feet in all posts. I use alpha cuts where necessary, and if I can't get an item to work with my mesh body, I will neither wear it nor blog it  Most items I blog fit various mesh bodies and/or feet, and often classic avatar standard sizing and/or fitmesh. Please make sure to demo anything you see here that you are thinking of buying to be sure it works for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment