Tuesday 25 June 2013

Yummy orange, who woulda thunk?


"This is not a dress rehearsal.  This is it"
Tom Cunningham


At the risk of sounding "orangeist" I have to say, orange is probably my least favourite colour.  No, orange IS my least favourite colour.  No idea why, I just don't don't like it, so when I saw this dress described "orange/blue" I thought "ewwww", but the second I tried it on that ewww turned to "wow!".


Kanou Gown


The texturing is so well done, creating an almost flame like effect, and the shape is just so perfect, creating a wonderful hourglass figure - without having to tweak my shape, which is a real bonus.  This absolutely stunning gown is from Kanou, for the 57th Designer Circle, and costs just 80L.  Another wow!

A dress as beautiful as this deserves to take centre stage, so I have accessorised it very simply, wearing a delicate necklace and earrings from Kouse Singh, and some glitter nail appliers from Hello Dave to give a pop of colour against the orangey lower layers of the dress.


Kanou Gown



My hair is by Exile from the current round of the Deck, and I really love the tousled look.

ps as I was proof checking this before publishing, my eyes were drawn to the current colour scheme on my blog, which I can only describe as a kind of mustard/orangey.  And I absolutely adore SL sunsets which was where the colour scheme came from. Hmmm, good job I make no claims for rationality!

ZZ is Wearing:
-
Gown:  Kanou at the Designer Circle - Lua, orange/blue
Shoes:  Redgrave - Nikki
Jewellery:  Kouses Sanctum - Sheltered Heart earrings & necklace, platinum

Skin:  Belleza - Shyla Tan 1
Hands:  SLink - elegant
Nail Appliers:  Hello Dave - Sparkle Tips 1
Hair:  Exile at the Deck - Live Every Moment, dark reds
Eyes:  Hudson's - Head On Blue Violet
Eyelashes: Redgrave

Poses:  Diesel Works
Backdrop:  KaTink 


No comments:

Post a Comment