Tuesday 21 July 2015

#396 The lazy avatar's guide to effortless dressing

Post #396

My post is so titled because my whole outfit today comes with texture change huds - so wear 'em, click 'em, and everyone will think you just pulled your outfit straight out of the laundry pile, freshly washed and ironed (does anyone still iron these days?).

Today I am sharing some newness and also some go-to items from my inventory.  I don't wear brown much in sl (and never irl - it reminds me of my yucky school uniform), but I think maybe my state of mind irl led me to darker colours (it would have been my mum's birthday last week, and yesterday was five months since she passed away, and I struggle at times to deal with it), but I didn't want to do black, so brown won.  

This cute skirt from DE Designs comes in leather (worn here), plaid and fabric. It is available in single colours with which you get a hud allowing you to change the texture of the band and hardware, or fatpacks operated by hud.  You will receive skirts rigged for Belleza Venus, Freya and Isis, Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique, classic avatar fitted, and standard mesh sizes.  

My top from Just Because fits perfectly and is of course beautifully made - it comes in a large selection of colours from brights to darks to neutrals, and can be bought singly or in a fat pack, and comes rigged for Belleza Venus Freya and Isis, Maitreya Lara, Slink Physique and classic avatar standard sizing.

My jacket from Lapointe & Bastchild is an oldie but a goodie, and of course texture change - I love the distressed leather texture which makes it look very real, particularly in this colour.

Post #396

I am wearing another set of jewellery by Indulge Temptation, a new-to-me designer, and who I featured for the first time in an earlier post here, wearing a different set of this design.  I am really loving both the design and texture change options in their jewellery and will definitely be looking out for more from them.

My boots from Glamistry are a work of pixel art as you would expect from him - and as always come with his ingenious hud system which allows you to add new colours from your living room (or anywhere in sl for that matter).  You will only ever have one pair of shoes in your inventory - and even better, each new colour is added to the "pool" from which you can customise your footwear.  

Credits:

Body
Skin:   PXL Shara Carnival Natural Makeup 03 at Wayward Carnival
Hair:  Argrace  Megumu
Eyes: Ikon Sovereign
Hands & Feet:  SLink 

Cosmetics
Eyelashes:  Mon Cheri Falsies

Clothing
Jacket:  Lapointe & Bastchild Jacket - "Classic Color" (texture change)
Top:  Just Because Janice Tube Top (texture change)
Socks:  Lapointe & Bastchild "Silk" Footless Knee Socks  (texture change)
Skirt:  DE Designs  - Fala Skirt Leather (texture change)
Boots:  Glamistry - Nemesia Ankle Boots (texture change)


Accessories
Necklace:  Indulge Temptation - Futuristic Set 1 (texture change)
Earrings:   Indulge Temptation - Futuristic Set 1 (texture change)

Poses
Props: Hopscotch - Peyton & Brooklyn 
Backdrop:  KaTink - City Nights



Info
There are often more photos of blogged items on my flickr account here.
 
SLURLs are current at time of posting.  If you need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).  



No comments:

Post a Comment