Saturday 1 February 2014

Blow Them Away

"Fashion is a vampiric thing, it's the hoover on your brain. That's why I wear the hats, to keep everyone away from me. They say, 'Oh, can I kiss you?' I say, 'No, thank you very much. That's why I've worn the hat. Goodbye.' I don't want to be kissed by all and sundry. I want to be kissed by the people I love." - Isabella Blow

You can keep your hat on


You can keep your hat on


You can keep your hat on


For the current round of The Kollective, with the theme Blustery Cold Weather, I was thrilled but had a minor blogger meltdown when I found out I had been partnered with Chigadee London, the creator behind Couture Chapeau.since 2006.  I have no experience of wearing hats in either life, so this post takes me way beyond my blogging comfort zone and I wanted to do justice to Chigadee's incredible creations for the Blow Them Away collection which pays homage to style icon Isabella Blow   I have deliberately styled these pics as simply as possible, so that the important part, the hats, take centre stage.

"Isabella Blow was the ultimate 'Hatanista' renowned for wearing the most wonderful headgear; from the most elegant and sublime to the totally eccentric!  She had a fabulous eye for fashion and discovered Alexander McQueen when he was just a student. She was also the muse of hat milliner, Philip Treacy.This collection is inspired by her wonderful spirit which lives on even after her tragic death. The hats are meant to raise an eyebrow or two. So whether you laugh, turn your nose up, snicker, gawk or smile at them, they have made a place for themselves in your imagination!" Chigadee London

The first hat, Oceania, is exclusive to The Kollective which runs until February 26th.

Credits:

Body
Skin:  League Jen 
Hair:  Pics 1 & 2 Truth, Pic 3 Exile
Eyes:  IKON Spectral Eyes
Hands:  SLink Avatar Enhancement

Make-up
Eyelashes:  Redgrave
Eyeliner:  Izzies
Lips:  Pic 3 League Isla Decadence
Manicure:   Hello Dave

Clothing
Hat Pic 1:  Couture Chapeau Blow Recon Chapeau - Oceania  - The Kollective
Hat Pic 2:  Couture Chapeau Blow Le Cirque Chapeau The Kollective
Hat Pic 3:  Couture Chapeau Blow Peacock Afro Chapeau The Kollective

Extras
Poses:  Glitterati (now only on mp)

Info
There are usually more photos of blogged items on my flickr account here.

SLURLs are current at time of posting.  If you need help with anything I have blogged, feel free to send me an email, inworld IM or nc, or a plurk (all links on contacts page).  






No comments:

Post a Comment